Monday, September 27, 2010

Module 2

How could I become involved in designing, selecting, evaluating, or implementing an information system in my workplace?  I would be the end user of any information system that may be implemented at work.  The users of a system should be involved in all phases of the system development life cycle.  Right now, I think that I would be involved in the evaluation end of the cycle.  I don't think that I would have much say in development, system selection or implementation.  If I was on the education committee, I may be involved in training my co-workers in the implementation stage, but I'm not.  My boss is very good at seeking input/evaluation from his crew, so I think that after the information system was in place and we have had time to use it, I would evaluate the system and report. 

1 comment:

  1. Good points Brain, but did you know you have much say in developmen and implementation even if it may seen like you do not. You as the user are pretty much a stakeholder in IT applications that you use. You can be a super user and evaluate the system before implementation and during development.

    ReplyDelete