Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Module 3

After researching the same topic using a variety of resources, I feel like I found good information with all searches.  Using CINAHL, I found research articles about palliative care in different scenarios.  Using National Guideline Clearinghouse I found instructions on how to implement palliative care.  Using Google, I found general information about palliative care.  Wikipedia told me what it is and how it differs from hospice, something that I did not see in my other sources.  There are also websites that want to sell goods or services, so one must beware of tainted information using Google.  I'm sure that I will be using all three methods in my future research.  I will chose my method based on the purpose of my query. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian,
    I thought Pubmed was great because I could import my articles to my EndNote Libray. I had a hard time learning EndNote, but it has been worth the battle.
    Lauri Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to check in each of the different siites. Sometimes as you point out, I find a definition or something interesting about the topic that may influence my search. Always lucky when you can find a guideline or systematic review.

    ReplyDelete