Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Module 1

Hi, my name is Brian Davenport, and this is my first blog.  I'm not a member of any social network, not even facebook.  I am a FNP student in my third semester of the distance DNP program.  I live in St. George, UT and work in the general ICU at Dixie Regional as a RN.  My wife (Kristy) and I have two sons -- Keston who is 4, and Pratt who is 2.  We are excitedly expecting our first daughter who is due on my wife's birthday in December. 
At work, we use what I think is a pre-historic form of computerized charting.  We have access to the coorporate portal that has a lot of information that can be very helpful, and access to other patient records using HELP 2.  The IT works for me, but I'm sure there are newer, better technologies that we are not using. 
I'm excited for what I will learn in this class, but nervous also because I am not very computer literate. 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Brian, The blog looks great! I wouldn't be surprised with your advanced education that you will be making suggestions on replacing your current system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian,
    Congratulations on the new baby girl on the way. I thought I was the only one who did not have a face book account:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brian,
    I can relate to your experience with TANDEM/HELP1, I also currently work with the system. I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Brian,
    It's great to hear from somebody who's out there in St. George but is part and parcel of the class; this online instruction still baffles but fascinates me! I admire you for doing your grad school and balancing it with work and family. It's good that at least you have a computer system even if it may need some updates. I can imagine how much more efficient healthcare is with an electronic health system in place. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete